Emerita Torres, Director of Policy Research and Programs at The Soufan Center, joined international security experts at a hearing on the effects of the decision to withdraw U.S. troops from Syria. The hearing titled “The Trump Administration’s Syria Policy: Perspectives from the Field” took place on October 23, 2019.
The panel of witnesses included:
- Mr. Bernice Romero, Senior Director, International Humanitarian Response, Save the Children
- Mr. John Glaser, Director of Foreign Policy Studies, Cato Institute
- Ms. Emerita Torres, Director of Programs and Research, Soufan Center
- Mr. Martin Palmer, Former Special Forces Officer, 5th Special Forces Group
- Mr. Ilham Ahmed, Co-President, Syrian Democratic Council
“By withdrawing troops and allowing for the Turkish invasion, the United States has empowered our adversaries and betrayed our allies, most notably the Kurds. The move is self-defeating as it severely damages American credibility and reliability and walks back much of the hard-earned gains made by the SDF and the Global Coalition to defeat ISIS,“ said Ms. Torres.
For more information on this event please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Official Link: Click Here
YouTube: Click Here
CSPAN: Click Here